Friday, March 7, 2014

Exciting News!

Well, it's official, this September I will be traveling to Kenya for three weeks to do volunteer work at an orphanage. I am insanely excited for this adventure and also a bit nervous to experience such a different way of life. I have no doubt that it will be an amazing experience and I already have a feeling I will want to go back!

I know September is a long way off but I am so excited that I have already been planning and reading all the info I can get my hands on! I have ordered a book/CD course to learn Swahili as well as a couple recommended books to learn about the culture in Kenya. I've also been researching flights and it looks like I may be able to spend a day in Dubai on my way there and practice my Arabic!!

So far it seems like this is going to be an amazing year!!! Can't wait to find out what else will happen!

xoxo,
Elena

2 comments:

  1. How awesome!! What a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to read all about it.

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I will do my best to document it.

      Delete