Thursday, February 6, 2014

Making Plans

I have some very big news to share with you all.

I have hinted at this but it wasn't official until this afternoon so I didn't want to share yet...I have just officially given notice at my job. This was a difficult decision for me because their are many aspects of my job that I really enjoy but, overall, it is not what I want a career in and therefore, not the right fit for me. I have decided to go back to school to get a Master's in Marketing which is a field I have been interested in since I graduated from UCSB.

For the immediate future, my plans are to stay at my current job until the end of April, spend May in the UK spectating at Badminton, looking at a couple schools, interning at Rapanui Clothing and meeting my new niece or nephew. I will spend the first half of June traveling with George before coming home to plan out my next steps but they will either involve doing some temp work or finding an entry-level Marketing position in SB.

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few months about where I want to be short-term and long-term and I've decided that although going back to school might take be away from where I want to be in the short-term, it will definitely set me up for more success in the long-term.

Here's to more adventures!

xoxo, Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment