Monday, February 10, 2014

Lazy Weekends

I don't know about you but there is almost nothing I love more than a lazy weekend at home. This past weekend I didn't even leave the house to go to the barn! Generally a perfect weekend for me includes snuggling with my husband, playing fetch with Sirius in our front yard, spending some quality time with my horses and catching up on some reading/crafting/tv.


I caught a pretty bad cold last week and it hit me the worst on Saturday so I actually spent most of the day in bed, either sleeping or watching Season 2 of Revenge. That show is so addictive! I just wish the episodes were slightly shorter as I usually get bored part-way through.



Sunday I was feeling a bit better and was thinking about going to the barn but decided to stay home another day to really try to kick the illness. I ended up spending almost all of the day on the couch alternating between watching the Olympics and reading my book (currently reading Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card, highly recommend). I honestly wish I could spend every day doing just that. I don't even follow the Winter Olympics much but I somehow got caught up in {almost} every event I watched, sorry cross-country skiing...
Gracie Gold skated a flawless routine and credited Phil Jackson's book for inspiration, definitely a fave for me!

















While the weekend didn't leave me super excited to be going back to work I definitely felt rejuvinated and looking forward to the next one! {I've already checked to see what Olympics events will be on for Saturday}

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Seriously. I wish I could make a career out of watching them.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE ice skating and am so happy that the Olympics are on right now!

    ReplyDelete