Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Goal Check-In

This year I want to make sure to check-in on my goals each month to make sure I am staying on top of them and make any adjustments necessary to keep myself on track. So far I think I have done a good job of easing myself into things but I am now ready to step it up a notch.

1. Get Fit - My work offers free fitness classes at lunchtime (amazing!) and I have been going every Monday to the yoga class. It is a good class and a really nice way to break up the day - plus it is very convenient as it is just downstairs! This month I plan on adding the Thursday core class to my schedule.

2. Read More - This was my least successful goal. I did finish Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell but I didn't like it very much and it ended up being a very long read for me. I have started my next book, The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (really J.K. Rowling) and I am already deeply engrossed. I am disappointed that I didn't read two books this month as I had planned but I am hoping to catch up in February, it's a short month so it will be tough but hopefully I will select very captivating reads and plough through them!

3. Save Money - I think I have seen the most success with this goal which is great because it's the most important one to me. I have really cut down on my lunches out since starting my new job and not working downtown has helped me resist the temptation to shop! I did use a bit of Christmas money for a couple sale items from J. Crew Factory but it was within the shopping budget I set for myself so I am happy about that. I have two big trips coming up (England & France in March for George's friend's wedding & Badminton in May) so I want to be even more strict about my spending.  There are a couple things I have been looking for for awhile (navy cape and faux-fur vest) so if I find the perfect one(s) within a reasonable price-range I will purchase but other than that no shopping for me!

I'm pretty happy with the way the year has started off goal-wise and I really think these monthly check-ins are going to help me stick with them all year.

Did you set any goals for 2015? How have you been staying on top of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment