Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Christmas tree at the Bodleian Library in Oxford
I don't know about you but I always feel like the holiday season goes by much to quickly. I try not to think about Christmas much until after Thanksgiving (a BIG holiday in my family) but then it feels like there is not enough time to really enjoy the pre-Christmas season!

Last year George and I surprised his family for Christmas in England (SO glad we did!) and it was one of the most magical Christmas' I have ever had. The whole holiday feel is much more intense there and I absolutely love it. This year, we will be spending Christmas with my family in Costa Rica, a totally different experience but one I am almost equally excited for none-the-less.

Christmas with George's family!
I had planned on doing a few gift guides for the holidays but then I got caught up in a million things - new job, family visiting, planning for Costa Rica, etc. and decided I would skip those this year. Also, my family does a big Secret Santa Exchange (and this year George's is too!) so I don't end up shopping for a ton of gifts. I usually get gifts for whoever I picked, George, and maybe a couple others I notice on the way.

This year I got got a MontBlanc pen for the person I picked (When I was a kid we were in NYC and saw Shaq outside his hotel. I asked the person I picked to borrow his pen for an autograph, it was a MontBlanc pen and he warned me not to lose it because it was expensive. Well, as my lucky would have it, Shaq's security guards made him go back inside before he could sign my autograph and he took the pen with him!).  I got George this watch and am going to get a couple pairs of Kate Spade earrings for my sisters and best friend.

It's finally gotten colder here in Southern California, which I love! I definitely day dream quite often about living somewhere where it snows but unfortunately I am not sure that is in the cards for me:( For now, I will have to live vicariously through those of you who do and who post beautiful pictures of it on Instagram!


I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! What are your holiday traditions?

1 comment: