Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Bucket List

Considering George is leaving to travel/teach for most of the summer I figured I should come up with some sort of bucket list of things to occupy my time so I don't get too lonely. I will still have my wonderful job, friends and horse to keep me company but I thought that having a few goals might make me feel a little more productive as well as make the time apart go by quicker. I'm sure I will end up editing this list as the summer goes on but here is my start:

Summer 2013 Bucket List

  • Read at least 5 books from BuzzFeed's 65 Books You Need To Read In Your 20's.
  • Get through at least 3 chapters of Harry Potter & The Sorceror's Stone...in Arabic.
  • Save up to take this course through Oxford University in September.
  • Reread The Great Gatsby.
  • Do a MAJOR closet clean out and get rid of a lot of clothing.
  • Work out at least 3 days/week.
  • Beat George in our Who Can Read All 7 HP Books First race.
  • Keep writing.
  • Start & finish my online accounting course.
  • Learn some new line dances.
  • Catch up on some TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, The Lying Game).
And that's all I got for now. As you can see, I plan on doing quite a bit of reading. I used to read all the time when I was younger and then once I started high school and college I sort of ran out of time and never got back into it. Last summer I spent two weeks in Portugal with George's family and spent many days lying on the beach reading and sort of fell back in love with books so I'm hoping to continue that this year.

xo, Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment