Friday, May 17, 2013

Let's try this again

Two years ago I started this blog because I panicked when I realized I had been out of college for a year and had little to nothing to show for my degree. At the time I was living in Berkeley with my then-boyfriend, working an administrative job in Oakland and studying vigorously for the LSAT. I imagined writing a blog would not only be a fun way to chronicle my journey to law school, etc. but also a motivator for me to try new things, push myself harder, and ultimately, figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Judging from my one entry, that clearly didn't pan out. Since then, I have  successfully conquered the LSAT, decided against law school, broke up with my then-boyfriend, moved back to my home in Santa Barbara, met the man of my dreams, traveled the world with him and my family, got married and started a career. Looking back, the past year and a half probably would have been the most exciting time to blog about but, alas, I was too busy living it to think about writing it.

Throughout this time, I have kept up with reading many other blogs and have recently found myself re-inspired to start up writing again. While I may have missed out on some of the bigger events in my life, I know there are still many more amazing and exciting times to come. Honestly, I still don't know what I want to do with my life and that's okay. I think many 20-somethings go through a similar period in life of exploration, adventure and choices as they try to pin down who they are and what they want out of life. Hopefully I can use this blog to chronicle my journey and help me along the way.

xElena

No comments:

Post a Comment