Monday, November 3, 2014

Splurge/Save - Fall Basics



The first of November is when it finally starts to feel like fall to me. I know all you east-coasters have been enjoying the colder temperatures for a bit now but over here in Southern California it has been pretty toasty. This past weekend we got our first (much-needed) rain and the temps have dropped a bit which is amazing. For someone who loves cold weather and cozy sweaters I sure do live in the wrong climate. 

Now that the weather is getting a little chillier I have started swapping out my summer clothes for some of my warmer clothing. I can't justify purchasing any of the really amazing coats I've been seeing everywhere for California weather but I definitely do need to make some wardrobe changes (I pretty much live in riding boots and cozy sweaters from now until Spring). I've highlighted my favorite fall items below and included pricier, as well as more affordable, options for each. I started my new job last week (!!!) and having a paycheck again is definitely tempting me to do some shopping! I may treat myself to one or two items but I am really trying to save for the holidays so most of these will just be going on my Christmas wishlist;)


1. Waxed Jacket
Barbour Beadnell J. Crew Field

2. Chelsea Boots 
J. Crew Chelsea Rocket Dog Camilla

3. Comfy Sweater
Everlane Cashmere Crew Factory Sweater

4. Jogger Sweats
Lululemon Yin Yang Sweat Joe Fresh Sweat

5. Classic Trench
Banana Republic Trench J. Crew Factory Trench

6. Leather Backpack
Frye Backpack Aldo Backpack

7. Riding Boots
Tory Burch Teresa Boots Sam Edelman Penny Boots

Sorry some of the images are a little wonky! I've been having some issues with Blogger but will be making the switch to WordPress and my own domain soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh excellent! These are all so beautiful, but always so expensive- thanks for suggesting cheaper options :)
    Robyn
    www.thetechgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete