Monday, March 3, 2014

What's a 20-something to do?



As I mentioned a few weeks ago I am going to be leaving my current job in the not-so-distant future (end of April) to be pursuing new opportunities. Ultimately I want to go back to school to obtain a Master's in Marketing and then move forward on that career path. However, this time around I'm also making sure to really take some time for myself to accomplish/experience things that are really important to me. In the past I've jumped quickly from job to job but I really think that this is an important time for me to do some of the things that I love. 
Using this for inspiration lately.

Some things that I have on the table include traveling to England for the month of May to intern with my brothers-in-law at their company, Rapanui Clothing, spectate at Badminton Horse Trials (a lifelong dream), and meet my new niece or nephew. I have also applied to take a Birthright trip to Israel in August and to do volunteer work at an orphanage in Kenya in the Fall. Both of these trips are not definite yet but I am really hoping they work out, if not now than in the next year or two as they are both things I have wanted to do for some time but have put off for one reason or another. 

Your Dreams are Valid
Loved this quote at the Oscars last night. Trying to follow my dreams these days.

Of course I also have my wonderful life at home with my husband, friends, family and pets that I love very much so I don't want to spend too much time away and am trying to figure out how I can find my perfect career close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment