Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I've sat down to write this post a few times and haven't been able to get it into words. To be honest, it wasn't something I was certain I wanted to blog about but then I found that other, less personal posts just didn't feel right to post without acknowledging that I'd been going through a rough patch. Over the summer we found out that my Mother-in-law was no longer in remission from cancer. We new that it was bad and that we didn't have much longer with her but it all happened much quicker than I ever could have expected. At the end of last month George and I flew to England and were lucky enough to spend her last few days with her and the entire family.


I've been home for a few weeks now and I have been struggling to let the reality sink in. Because we lived on different continents I was used to being far away from her and not in daily contact. Sometimes it feels like this is still the case and everything is just as it was. I can only imagine how difficult this is for George and I know we are both lucky to have each other and the rest of our families during this time.

As sad as this time has been, I have been lucky to have wonderful, kind and caring people to turn to. It seems so many of us tend to get Having to say goodbye to someone you love is incredibly painful but I feel so appreciative to have known her.

Goodbye Claire, you are very, very missed.

xoxo,
Elena

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Passing on my wishes to you both.

    Lizzy from Nomad Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. It's been a rough time but it's been amazing to see all the support we've gotten from friends and family.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful quote - will most definitely help your heart heal during this difficult time. :) Xo, Alison

    http://www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete